Saturday 13 September 2008

Arguments on the Internet

I hate people who argue on the internet. I really, truly view these people as lower beings. Arguing on msn, not that's not really arguing on the internet, because that's sort of a type of conversation now. Arguing on forums is kind of acceptable too, because that's what they're there for (and let's face it, what else would frustrated Halo 3 fan boys do with their spare time?) Arguing on MyFace (Myspace and Facebook), now that's just a kind of retarded wonderment.

Ok, so currently everyone is up-in-arms about how "terrible" the new Facebook layout is, and their complaints on their personal message-type thing read something like this to me; "omfg teh new fb layoutz iz teh sux!!!!!1 i is gonna sue fb naow coz dey hav fukd up mi life!!!1 *slits wrists*" Seriously, no matter how perfect their spelling and grammar is, they always read like that to me. Now, in my ongoing quest to prove myself wrong about how pathetic and un-savable the human race is, being faced with countless people moaning about something as insignificant as Facebook isn't exactly promising evidence. If something as small as a different layout on Facebook (which isn't actually too different) is all it takes to drive people to insanity and homicide, what the hell will people do if, say, John McCain were to be elected in the US and during his acceptance speech declared that the new national religion of America was Creationism? I really don't think I can imagine it.

The annoying part about any sort of social networking site like Facebook is that there are the occasional users that contemplate changing their name to "Captain Wow", and think anything that they believe in must be true. These are also the type of people who argue on the internet if someone were to say, for example, that there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the new Facebook layout. Normally their retorts read like this; "Hey FUCK YOU". Well, what can I say to that? I was expecting a well-formed, legitimate argument with evidence to prove I was wrong in my decision to like it, and all I got was a half-arsed insult. How foolish of me to expect anything else.

I suppose it's right what they say; Arguing on the internet is like being in the Special Olympics- even if you win, you're still retarded. Especially if you've sat through 12 years of English Language lessons and you still can't form sentences without adding "lol" at the end.



No comments: