Wednesday 16 February 2011

Attack of the Leaky Nose

Hello.
I have a cold. This sucks. My nose is all cracked and sore because I've blown it so many times, and my lips are the same, which is probably a bit more odd. I ended up emailing sick into Uni because I just couldn't face it.

Looks pretty nice, for something that can ruin your day in an instant.

I've decided on a lazy day at home, therefore. Chicken soup (that tasted awful and looked like vomit) homemade lemon, ginger and honey tea, lemsips, Fallout New Vegas and plenty of rest. Might be a reaction to the incessant revision for exams I've done over the past week.

Not exactly the way I intended on spending the first day for ages when I don't have to work. I mean, apart from the games and the rest and the comfort foods. The rest wasn't part of the plan.

What I don't understand is why things like chicken soup are considered good for feeling ill. There's nothing in there that acts as a cure for a cold, because as we know, there is no cure. So why is it that everyone always prescribes it as cure-all?

Ow, my poor nose.

No comments: